Monday, October 5, 2015

2016 WRX STI Series.HyperBlue

In late 2015, Subaru released a special edition WRX STI and BRZ in a striking new color: Hyper Blue.  Aptly named "Series.Hyperblue", these featured the namesake exterior color accompanied with distinctive styling on the interior and exterior exclusive to 500 BRZ Limiteds and 700 WRX STIs.  I am proud to announce that one of the 700 WRX STIs is mine.


IMG_8976
I work at a Subaru Dealership and, when the Hyper Blue color was announced for the BRZ and WRX STI, I was pretty curious how it would look.  Photos of this were inconsistent as some made a striking appearance while others washed out the body lines.  So, when this machine finally arrived and I had a chance to see it myself, I quickly realized not only did it exceed my expectations in the jaw-dropping department... but I had to have it.
IMG_8991After figuring some numbers out, I decided to part with my 2012 Impreza Hatchback that got me hooked on Subaru and made me want to work here.  It was bittersweet saying goodbye to my first new car, but the sappy music was quickly drowned out by the rumble that turbocharged 2.5 Boxer made when I clicked that start button.  Up until now, I had imagined the STI to be an unattainable machine... and I've driven them before, but this one is special. 
The colors and features on this Series.HyperBlue WRX STI feel like they were made for ME.  Black-on-Vivid Blue is probably one of my favorite color combinations ever.  I almost purchased the 2015 Launch Edition WRX STI just because of the interior.  However, this Hyper Blue one has exactly the equipment I would want.  Alcantara instead of full leather (don't ask me why, I just prefer it!).  Push-Button and Keyless Entry with the Harman Kardon Audio and Navigation WITHOUT the moonroof (more room for a helmet for track days!) and all the special bits on the exterior with the black wheels, mirrors, and logos.  I've always enjoyed making my Subarus unique, but someone in Japan decided to do it for me.  Right out of the box, I have a machine like no other in this area.  Sure there's like two other owners around that have them, but there's a good chance if you see a Hyper Blue WRX STI around the Omaha area, it's gonna be me... with a smile from ear to ear.

2 comments:

  1. I have seen that color blue on the highway and always thought it was a custom pain the owners had done privately. I had no idea it was called Hyper Blue and available at the dealership. We are looking for a new car and I hope that color is a choice when it comes to next year's models when we go down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like this color! Unfortunately it'll be tricky to find one, as the Series.HyperBlue WRX STIs were a limited-production release. 700 2016 models were made and Subaru typically doesn't repeat limited edition runs like this. They do, however, have this color available on the Subaru Crosstrek for 2016 models and likely to continue using them for 2017 models.

      Delete